Combine freshly shucked sweet corn, black beans, red onion, fresh jalapeños, bell pepper, cumin, and cilantro combine and enjoy with tortilla chips.
Recipe from Homesick Texan.
- 2 cups freshly shucked sweet corn (from about 4 cobs) or 2 cups frozen
- 1 15-oz can of black beans, drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1/4 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeds and stems removed, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- 4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon (optional)
Mix together the corn, black beans, red onion, garlic, jalapeño, red bell pepper, cilantro and cumin. Stir in the olive oil and lime juice. Add salt and cayenne to taste, and adjust seasonings.
Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes. Before serving, stir in the cooked bacon if using.