Salsa is standard party fare, but this fresh, holiday-themed version with chopped jalapeño, red onion, avocado, cranberries, and cilantro is a delightful surprise. It went quickly when mom took it to a recent holiday get-together.
Recipe from Martha Stewart.
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 minced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/4-inch pieces and drained well on paper towels
- 3/4 cup halved cranberries
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Pita crisps or tortilla chips
In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, jalapeño (seeds removed for less heat, if desired), and red onion.
Add avocados, cranberries, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve with pita crisps or tortilla chips, as desired.