Cook potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, sausage, and apples in a single pot until tender and fragrant.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Vigorous shake of black pepper
- Vigorous shake of cayenne pepper
- Vigorous shake of dried red pepper flakes
- Vigorous shake of Tabasco sauce
- Vigorous shake of dried parsley flakes
- Vigorous shake of cajun seasoning
- Vigorous shake of ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 links fully cooked smoked sausage
- 2 Granny Smith apples
Chop baking potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots into 1/2-inch cubes. Finely chop onion. Combine vegetables in a large dutch oven. Add garlic and spices.
Slice sausage links into 1-inch pieces. Coat with cajun seasoning. Add to vegetables.
Cover. Cook over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Peel, core, and chop granny smith apples. Add to the pot. Cook 2 minutes more.