Chop chicken (grab a rotisserie chicken at the market), grapes, apples, and pineapple. Add shredded carrots, curry powder, and toasted almonds for a truly special chicken salad. Serve on wheat bread, with crackers, or in pita pockets.
Recipe from Cooking Light.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 2 Tbs. dried currants or cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6 Tbs. low-fat mayonaise
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. sliced almonds, toasted
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonaise and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Pour mayonaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and chill.