A bright lemon juice-based salad dressing, which doubles as a marinade for the chicken, is paired with tangy feta cheese and rich avocados and bacon to make this flavorful Romaine-based salad a weeknight winner.
Recipe from Cafe Delites.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. water
- 2 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. each dried thyme and dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked pepper, or to taste
- 1 lb. skinless & boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Whisk together the first 9 ingredients (olive oil through cracked pepper) in a large jug. Pour half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the dish; marinate chicken for 15 to 30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
Heat 1 Tbs. of oil in a skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Sear chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through (about 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness).
Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the reserved dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.