Oven-roasted veggies, salmon fillets, and miso sauce, all ready to eat in 40 minutes, is the ideal weeknight dinner for our little family.
Recipe from Real Simple.
- 1 1/2 lb. new potatoes (about 15), halved if large
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 Tbs. white miso (soybean paste; found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
Heat oven to 425°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes and broccoli with 2 Tbs. of the oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the miso, vinegar, 1 Tbs. of the remaining oil, and 3 Tbs. water.
Heat the remaining tsp. of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drizzle with the sauce, sprinkle with the crushed red pepper, and serve with the vegetables.