Black rice noodles (which are really a lovely shade of dark purple), red bell peppers, bright green edamame, orange carrots, and purple cabbage, in a sesame-soy dressing, make a vibrant, rainbow-colored main dish.
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats.
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. black rice noodles or black rice ramen noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups edemame, shelled and cooked
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, sesame and canola oils, vinegar, garlic, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl. Whisk well to blend.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Transfer the noodles to a large mixing bowl with the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the top and toss well so the noodles and vegetables are well coated with the dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.