The easy assembly, feed-a-crowd size, and cheese sauce make this potato dish is a staple at every Bancroft family get-together.
Recipe from our friend, Jamy.
- 1 28-oz. package of Ore-Ida O'Brien style potatoes
- 1 8-oz. package of cream cheese
- 2 10.5-oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 to 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 12 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese, milk, and soup; heat slowly until the cream cheese is melted. Add the potatoes, green chiles, and half of the cheddar cheese and stir until mixed.
Pour into the prepared baking dish, top with the remaining shredded cheese and panko bread crumbs. Bake 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.